The South African National Convention Bureau is your 'one stop' avenue for information, advice and assistance when it comes to hosting business events and incentives in South Africa.
The South African National Convention Bureau (SANCB) was formed in 2012 with the task of growing the business events industry in South Africa.
Our aim is to provide assistance to meeting planners and incentive organisers who are considering South Africa as their next meeting or incentive destination.
We provide support at every level, using our expertise, strategic planning and destination knowledge to ensure your conference, exhibition or incentive in South Africa is a special experience… memorable for delegates and hassle-free for meeting planners and incentive organisers.
South Africa has the proven capability, capacity, and an impressive track record when it comes to the successful hosting of major international business events and incentives.
Many international visitors have experienced our first-rate infrastructure – our outstanding star-graded business events facilities, award-winning international convention centres, world-class airports, excellent accommodation options, and technology and telecommunications infrastructure that rivals the best in the world.
Combine these with the unique cultural interactions our international visitors have with South Africa’s local communities - as well as the many adventures and experiences you won’t find anywhere else - and you discover the true value of hosting a business event or incentive in South Africa.
Our pre-and-post tour options leave delegates energised and inspired.
How the SANCB can help you plan a business event in South Africa:
The SANCB is your 'one stop' solution for independent information and assistance, giving neutral advice on all aspects of hosting and organising a business event in South Africa.
We co-ordinate national bidding, undertake research and collaborate with city and provincial convention bureaus to promote business events in South Africa.
- Pre- and post-bid support such as bid promotion and handling of requests for proposals.
- Independent advice when selecting a destination for your event.
- Bid materials to provide support to members.
- Government Letters of Support.
- Presentations that show government support.
- Lobbying and promotional support.
- Meeting planner support services such as collateral materials, signage and assistance in locating suppliers.
- Advice on local issues.
- Destination expertise through numerous channels including our meeting and incentive planner's website and meeting planner guides.
- Coordinating requests for subvention support from the SANCB's Subvention Fund or government funding.
- Coordination of airport meet and greet services and airport hospitality suites.
- Expertise on local products and services, and assistance in finding competent service suppliers who fit the profile of your event.
- Access to local industry and government contacts.
- Convention planning support - site inspections (for bid and convention planning).
- On-site services such as meet and greet, information and tourism desks.
- Information about centres of scientific expertise or innovation to form a link between the special interests of your sector and the event destination.
- Event marketing including attendance promotion, sponsorship development and exhibition sales.
- Support for welcome ceremonies at events.
- Media and PR support as well as information on corporate social responsibility activities.
- Support for educational trips, site inspections and familiarisation trips for buyers, media and individuals/teams representing an event.
We look forward to welcoming you to South Africa and providing the assistance you need to ensure your next business event is an unqualified success.